Monday, July 4, 2011

Hey Scoob, which way to the water?!

Hello Blogland! It's challenge time at Creative Accents Challenges again, and this time we want you to show us your Summer creations!
Easy peasy eh?! Just show us your summer cards or layouts and link it up HERE and you'll be in the running for some scrappy prizes to be announced later!
Here's what I made for the challenge:



and here are some close ups: When my mom brought back this outfit that Ethan was wearing from Hawaii, he wanted to wear it all the time. He would put it on and have "beach parties" in the middle of winter!




here's what I learned:

The I Rock...ROCKS! and you can use your Silhouette (if you have one) and cut out the rhinestone templates to use with it as well. My only piece of advice would be to glue them down as you go as long as you're very sure that's where you want them, because it can be kind of a pain to get them placed 3/4 of the way then bump your paper and have to start over again!

If you want to cut your laser cut paper, keep it in the plastic packaging and trace your shape on it before you cut it, then you can just cut it through the plastic...makes it super easy!

This might just be another one of my "duh" moments, but while doing this layout I realised that I could stack my letter stickers on top of each other to create a "chipboard" look. Don't know why I never thought of that sooner...as long as you have enough of the same letters, it works pretty darn good for some extra dimension!

Well, there you have it! I would love it if you joined us in the Summer Challenge!!
this layout was made using my summer add on Counterfeit kit
I'll also be entering this layout in the following challenges:

Try it Thursdays at the Sweet Peach Crop Shop photo inspiration

Twisted Sketches sketch and "water" twist

Studio Calico use 3 patterned papers


Thanks so much for stopping by and thank you for your wonderful comments, I do appreciate each and every one of them!!!

4 comments:

Lynnda said...

So fun and fabulous!!! Gorgeous LO... Sarah... great take on the twist water!!! Awesome.... Thanks for joining in the fun over at TS!!!...hugs..xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awww that is way cute! Love the Scooby Doo, have one just like that myself LOL! The saying is perfect! Your kids are too friggin cute!

angie gutshall said...

Thanks for playing over at Sweet Peach! Great layout!

Nancy said...

Cute page--helps to when your photos are so cute :)