Friday, August 13, 2010

page maps challenge and baby update

Hello all! I just wanted to share a quick pic of my ever growing little baby Kieran. He's 3 months old now, and I'm not sure but I think he weighs about 15 pounds! At his 2 month check up he was 14, so he's gotta be getting close to 15 or so! He is such a chunky monkey! He's smiling away and cooing, and it will be no time at all I think before he's rolling around too! He's a great baby. He's so easy going. All my boys have been, which is why I think that I wouldn't mind another one most of the time! There's definately times though when I know I'm done (my husband is for sure, so I think there will be no more babies) but most times I could totally have another one! Anyway, I just wanted to give you all an update on the wee one (who's not so wee anymore!) we call him the "stay puked marshmallow man" because he pukes all the time, and he's extremely pale and chunky! lol He throws up so much that if he wasn't so big, I'd probably be worried, but I know he's getting what he needs even with all the upchuck! On that note...lol onto the scrap page!



I made this page based on a sketch from thePagemaps blog. She's doing another challenge and the winner is going to get this great prize pack from scrap attack! I've been really liking sketches lately...I've never been too big on sketches, but lately I've been into using them a lot.

This page came together really quickly once I decided on the pics for it. They're of a really close friend of mine with my first son Ethan. We've known each other since we were a year old. We're not as close as we used to be, but it's great to have friendships like that that will last forever. I really like these pics of the two of them.

Here's a couple close ups of random parts of the page...I used pop dots on the names to make them stand out. Also, I kind of discovered this accidentally, but I wrote a stitch pattern on the letters with a white gel pen, then I didn't really like it, so I colored over them with my copics, and I liked the way it toned it down, but gave the letters some interest too! The names are cut out with the Quickutz Yogurt font (love that font!)




I used the Oliver patterned paper from Basic Grey and a little bit of the MME So Sophie collection too. I think that collection is my new favourite! I can't get enough of it! I used the Quickutz scalloped journaling thingy too. The star ribbon I used was actually part of a gift I got from my cousin for Kieran. When I saw it, I knew that it would be really cool for something...so I had to keep it! The green ribbon is Basic Grey. I also used the scallopy ek success punch. I was pretty excited to finally use my sewing machine on a layout! I've been wanting to for a looong time, but had never gotten around to actually learning how to THREAD it! lmao! So, I finally figured it out, and I must tell you that sewing paper is a lot harder than it looks! It's definately going to take some getting used to, but I love the look of it!

anyway, I think I've babbled on enough tonight! Go check out the pagemaps blog, it's definately a great source of inspiration!!

No comments: