Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Tanya!!

 

Well hello all you scrappy peeps!! A while ago while I was on holidays, my friend and fellow DT member Tanya had a birthday and I did not get my poop in a group fast enough to get her card made before I left, so when I got back home, and got organized, I headed for the scrap room and made this card for her. Happy Belated Birthday Tanya!!! I hope your day was amazing! You deserve it!

Now Kraftin Kimmie’s challenge was definitely just that, a total challenge. It’s to use NO EMBELLISHMENTS!! Hard right?! I know!! It was extra hard for me to do because I know how much Tanya likes all things blingy and totally embellished, plus this image and sentiment just screams EMBELLISH ME!! lol So yeah, it was a hard one, but I did it! The butterflies are cut out of paper and I had to use my tiny attacher to staple them on because I couldn’t get them on there any other way, so I hope that doesn’t count as an embellishment!

The sentiment is a new one from Graphicat Designs, and it’s available now on her site. Isn’t it freakin hilarious?!  I LOVE it!!

023

And a close up:

025

I also used this sketch from Cute Card Thursday, so I’ll be entering it there as well :)

Well, there you have it! Another card. I’ve been told by my fellow scrappers that I’m not allowed to say that I’m not a card maker anymore, so I guess I’ll add that to my repertoire ;)

I just wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to check out my creations! I really appreciate it, and I cherish each and every one of your kind words!

*Hugs*

Sarah

8 comments:

Graphicat said...

HEHEEEEE! LOVE it! I dont even know if I could TRY to do the no embellishment thing.... LOL But you've done it AWESOME! LOVe those paper edged strips! Great job girl!
Cheers
Cheri

Creative Tara said...

Aw... super cute! Great job on the no embellies thing, and yep, I'm jealous of you, too, for getting to use the sentiment before I did! Turned out fabulous!

Lynnda said...

Super adorable!!! Sarah.... I love it... so pretty!!!... hugs...xoxo

Roxy said...

"Poop in a group", you're hilarious! It was so nice to meet you in person yesterday!!! Anyway, love this card, love the Kimmie (I almost bought that one!) and I think I have to get that sentiment from Cheri, too funny! Hugs, Roxy.

Hill Top Creations said...

Wow lovely card just got the sentiment myself Love it. Your card lady rocks and has given me some ideas. Great going. Take Care

Patrice said...

Love that card!

Lydia said...

Great card Sarah! I laughed out loud at this one. You have been busy with your cards. And congrats on being on the new DT. Life has been crazy around here and I hadn't gotten around to your blog lately. Glad to see you're still around. :) Oh and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I'm looking forward to some scrap time next week.
hugs back...
Lydia

Tanya S said...

OMG girl....WOW.I freakin' love it!!I'm a little overly impressed that you used NO embellies.I couldn't do it.I'm to addicted to them!!LOL.Thanks for my special card hun!