Friday, November 11, 2011

He's gonna be a Heartbreaker :)

Hello Blog Land! It's Remembrance Day here in Canada, and I know other countries have their own version of this holiday today as well. It's a day to stop and remember all those soldiers who fought  for our freedom, and those brave soldiers who are currently enlisted. I know I take it for granted sometimes, but when I stop and think about all the rights and freedoms that we enjoy today, I am so grateful for those men and women who risked their lives so that we could live ours! We took the kids to the Remembrance Day Ceremony this afternoon and they got to see all the soldiers, cadets and veterans. It was pretty cool to teach Ethan about the reasons why we observe this holiday. 

Here's a layout that I created about my "little middle" and his super caa-ute smile! These photos were taken last year at our Church's Father's Day picnic.


I used the super fun Coredinations gear paper. When I sanded it, I found even more embossed layers that I didn't even know existed!  I thought the Tim Holtz Gears would go perfectly with this paper too. I cut them with acetate and used some alcohol inks and distress stickles on them.


I cut the hearts with more of Tim's dies, and embossed them with the Sizzix brick folder. I painted them, then added some glimmer glam on top of them and smeared them around. I really like the effect it gave them!


I'm entering this layout in the challenge over at Frosted Designs. They're challenge is "embossing".


Well, that's it for tonight. I'm cropping tomorrow, so I've gotta go pack up my stuff....that's the one thing I don't like about scrapping somewhere else...I could easily become a hermit scrapper if I was a little more lazy and a little less social. lol

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

Lovely Sarah well done and he does have the best smile.. Take Care

Unknown said...

Great embossing...Love this layout that you have done, it's gorgeous!!

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

Amanda

Unknown said...

Ive never seen the gear paper before! So cool! I love your layout it is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous Layout Sarah!!! I love it... hugs..xoxo

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

I love scrapbooking layouts! Your photos and "gear" theme are so refreshing, and what a treat that you uncovered more layers! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful! I love the colors and the photos! And the whole gear them! Perfect for a boy's layout! :)