Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday!

Hiya bloggers! I'm just in the middle of packing up to go camping for the weekend, so this post is going to be short, but definitely sweet! It's time for another Fabulous Friday challenge over at Frosted Designs! This week's challenge is Twine/Ribbon. Yup! Easy! We want you to use twine or ribbon on your cards, layouts or off the page projects. I happened to use both on mine this week!

I made this frame for my mom for her Mother's Day present. It's still at my house because I love it so much I don't want to give it to her! LOL But I do have another from and totally plan on making myself one too! When I bought the frame it was an oak colour, and I painted it with Gesso, then a couple coats of white paint then I sanded it to distress it a bit.


I stapled all the banners up with some Hemp twine. and I've got little bits of ribbon here and there. Here are some close ups: Finally some up to date scrapping of my boys!








Well there you have it! I hope you come and join us this week and show us your creations using ribbon and/or twine! I can't wait to see them!

All of the goodies on this project (except the actual frame and paint) are from my Counterfeit Kit (which is almost gone already!!!)

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you hung the photos!! And I hope you don't think I am stealing your idea.. .lol... I bought a frame at an antique store yesterday and I am altering it this weekend for a DT call!! Talk about irony!! *wink* Have fun camping!!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

This is stunning - especially love that brilliant blue in the background of the banner pieces. Also love how tattered & grunged you've made it. Can't wait to view the rest of your blog!

Mary B said...

What a superb idea I love love love it

Lynnda said...

how clever this is Sarah... I love it... great and awesome... TFS... Hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

WOW Sarah!! That is awesome!! I am sure that your mother loved this frame!! :) Great idea! :)

Susanne said...

Oh I want to make one of those - I pinned it! Super cute display - super cute!!