Monday, April 25, 2011

Scrapbooker’s Anonymous

So Scrapbooker's Anonymous is having a DT call and it’s the last day to enter! Talk about getting in down to the wire! They’re all about using your stash (something I’ve been really trying to do lately). Anyway, their asking everyone who wants to try out to make a layout using stamps! We’re supposed to make a background using stamps, and make at least 3 embellies with stamps. I was super excited to challenge myself to use my stamps, because I LOVE buying stamps, but I don’t make a lot of cards, so sadly, my stamps often end up collecting dust on my shelves. I have to admit however, I was a little bit intimidated by this challenge because stamping is not my strong suit, but I always love a challenge, so I bit the bullet and ended up stamping this layout like crazy, and I LOVE IT! This is one of my favourite layouts so far, so I’m really happy that I challenged myself to use my stamps, and I can definitely say that my stamps will no longer be dusty! lol

lovethisboy

This picture is of my middle son Caleb when he was about a month old. I just wish they would stay that little for longer! They’re so cute and squishy, and they don’t run around and destroy your house and talk back to you! lol

Anyway, here’s some close ups: These are the embellishments that I made. I stamped the circles with a cool little stamp from Memory Box, inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (walnut stain) then I put in a gromlet with my cropodile and covered the whole thing with Glossy Accents. Now, the heart was made with a Tim Holtz stamp, and I have to tell you that man is a genius. I know that a lot of you already know that and it’s just stating the obvious, but maybe you don’t know this: the stamp that I used, that is all about love, fits perfectly in the little movers and shapers heart die that I used to make my little heart…coincidence? I think not. Anyhoo, I stamped that beautiful little sentiment then inked the edges with walnut stain, glossy accented it, let it dry (overnight) then hucked it in my freezer for a while…took it out, bent it up, and voila! cracky-glossy accents! hehe

closeembellies

For the background I stamped a sheet of white cardstock with my Basic Grey (by Hero Arts) dots stamp, then distressed the edges of the paper with antique linen and chipped sapphire distress inks. Then I made a second patterned paper out of acetate. I stamped an alphabet stamp (by cornish heritage farms *sad they’re gone*) with black Staz On and layered that on top of the first paper. Now I have to give a little props to a certain product here. Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium in matte is freakin awesome for adhering clear stuff! It dries absolutely invisible and it dries fast too! Love it!

 

lovethisboytitle

Well, that’s that! Here’s to the longest blog post in the world! lol

Supplies Used: bazzil cardstock, pp: crate, letter stickers: MME and Heidi Swapp, Cutting Dies: Quickutz, Sizzix, Tim Holtz: Tissue Tape, Distress Inks, Distress Stains, Tiny Attacher, stamps: basic grey, cornish heritage farms, and memory box, Ink: Staz On, stampin Up!, Gossy Accents.

Don’t forget you still have time to enter the challenge at Creative Accents new challenge blog! The entries are due April 30th, and there’s a sweet prize to be won!!

Thanks for checking out my blog everyone!! I really appreciate all your kind comments!!

6 comments:

Tanya S said...

WOWZERS This layout is freakin' awesome!!I love all the stamping and the details...holy smack!!Graet job hun!!Jaw dropping cool!

Lynnda said...

Woohoo... what a beautiful page!!...the details... the colors...the stamping....everything on this ...is just WOW!!!...and this is my fave too.... LOL...hugs...xoxo

Hill Top Creations said...

Great page you do such great work love it all. Take Care

Sandy Ang said...

Such an adorable photo and beautifully scrapped.Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice comment on my Best Creation hop creations.

tiffany said...

Sarah- another gorgeous layout! Thanks for you fabulous application for our Sketches in Thyme design team, we would love to have you join us as a new DT Maven!! send me an email at tiffanysketchesinthyme@yahoo.com and I can get you all the info!!

Jennie Garcia said...

Super Fab!! Love the glossy accents technique I did it with a photo and loved it!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/