Thursday, June 10, 2010

I've been a little obsessed with Tim Holtz lately...

Here's a LO that I did the other day. I just love these pics of my oldest son Ethan, they're freakin adorable! I've been on a Tim Holtz bender lately, can you tell by the LO? lol I just love the new papers by Tim Holtz! The background for my LO is from one of the new paper packs, as well as the strip down the middle!



I used the Tim Holtz alphabet mask for the "Love", then I rubbed a little distress inks over it, then sprayed it with glimmer mist. Then just to finish it off, I added a little bling over the "letters"


I cut the gears out with the Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz die. I LOVE these dies because you can cut anything with them! I cut these out of some old clear packaging and then colored them with alcohol inks, then I added some gromlets to the inside, and viola! Gears! lol


This little bird was just cut out from some patterned paper I had lying around from a paper pack from K&Company, the Urban Rhapsody collection. I covered it with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, let it dry, then rubbed some Distress Inks over it, then rubbed that in, then the color just settles into the cracks...love that technique!


So, there it is, I hope you enjoy it (I sure had fun creating it!)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Tanya S said...

Oh I freakin' love it!!I want thoses gears!Very creative girl!

Eulanda said...

Wow you have this LO thing figured out don't you? I love the gears idea. That is so cool!! And hey...Tim Holtz would be flattered with your obsession. LOL!
ps - next time you leave a comment on my blog, leave me your email address too!! I'd love to comment back but your email is no where to be found. Thanks!