Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Chris!!

Hello Blog Land! So, today, 29 years ago, a very special lady was born named Christine! hehe Happy Birthday Girl!!! I made you a card, you should feel freakin special! haha! (but you won’t actually get it until after the postal strike is over…stupid mail anyway!)



So Chris likes tea and the color blue, and that is how this card came about.



I used this sketch from Graphicat Sketches to make my card…Cheri has the best card sketches ;) they ROCK! So anyway, I’m going to enter my card into her sketch challenge this month :)





Here’s my Take:



008



And some close ups:



009



010



Here’s what I learned:





  • Kraft Glassine made by the fabulous Tim Holtz is verrrry cool stuff, you can crumple it and add perfect pearls to it, then heat it and it imbeds into the material. However, the thing about the Glassine that isn’t so cool, is that it’s very hard to get it to stick to things and to get things to stick to it. You definitely need to use a liquid glue…I used the Claudine Hellmuth matte medium and it worked, but I tried glue dots and score tape before that, and nothin!






  • If you need just one sentiment out of a background stamp, why not just stamp it and cut it out?! I know it sounds kinda like a no brainer, but trust me, sometimes those no brainers get me stumped!! lol






  • Goosebumps Clear Texture spray is my new fav thing! It’s this really cool spray that gives shiny texture to whatever you spray it on…very cool!


Well Chris, I really hope you like your card….I actually like it so much that I don’t want to give it to you! LMAO!! But you totally deserve it, because you’re awesome! I hope you have a fabulous day!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUUU!!!



You can hop over to Carla's Blog to see what she’s got for you (although I think she’s the start of the hop, so you’ve probably already seen it! But if you’re not Chris and you want to see the amazing card that Carla made, please stop by and give her some love!



And please everyone, don’t forget to hop over to Chris's Blog and wish her a Happy Birthday!!



Ps: Everything I used here (except for the wood grain and happy birthday papers, were part of my Counterfeit Kit!

15 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

My My you are really doing well in the card making end of things these days. Love the card. I am sure Chris is going to like it as well. Take Care

Anonymous said...

Sarah! I love your card!! (MINE SOON If you mail it)!!I do feel really special that you made me a card! Your cards are amazing. you should make more of them! Thank you!! Miss you too! I love how you put Here's what I learned on the bottom! WTF It says I am not a follower! OMG I am sorry! I will be in a minute. I stalk your blog all the time! Your layouts are beautiful!!!

Graphicat said...

HEHE!!! Awesome job with the sketch girlie this is awesome! I love that pink tea pot! And hehe... love the "what I learned" section!!
You rock!
Thanks for joining in at Graphicat Sketchs too!!
Hugs
Cheri

Susanne said...

Very cool card.

Lynnda said...

Very Tim Holtz!!.. Beautiful ... Hugs... xoxo

Emily said...

I love your card! That tea pot is great and I also love what you did with stamping the sentiment.

Linda said...

Beautiful card!

Creative Tara said...

Fun card with lots of great details, Sarah! Great take on the Graphicat Sketch and good on ya for using those unloved dies ;)

Eulanda said...

Oh hey this rocks!! You did a fabulous job of that sketch!! I love it! Hugs!

Margie said...

I love all of the texture on your card-and that is a great sketch!!

ms.schwiet said...

Great distressing and awesome take in the sketch

Tricia said...

Awesome card! I love all the details. Thanks for sharing your tips.

A Creative Operation said...

Super nice job!

Anonymous said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to comment on your card but WOWZERS! Your card is gorgeous! I love it, I know Chirs did too, lol. It is soooo cool that you used Cheri's scketch too, it looks phenominal! I love the crinkled paper behind the teapot! Great job and thanx for joining the Graphicat Sketch Challenge! Good Luck sunshine!

Tanya S said...

Girl you are on a roll with the card making!!Fabulous and very creative !!(as always lol)
Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketch as well!!