Friday, June 15, 2012

Frosted Designs Crafty Spaces Blog Hop!

Well hello Bloggers! I hope you've been getting some fabulous ideas on this hop! If you came here from Lori's Blog then you're on the right track. If you're not hopping, but you'd like to, head over to  Ann's Blog and start there.
 I wrote up this post early as I'm camping this weekend, but I can't wait to get home and check out everyone's crafty spaces!! I'm kind of seriously addicted to organizing my scrap space. So much so, that I often forget where I put things because I've re-organized too much! You might not know it to look at my space though that I enjoy organizing...It's a little bit of organized chaos! 

I took the first picture of my craft room when it was in the midst of a creative hurricane! lol I had just been working on a couple layouts, then make a card, and before I could clean up, my son Ethan wanted to make a card for his dad for Father's Day. So I took the picture with him making his card...so cute. Warning: it's a freakin mess!!! lol


As I look at this picture of my oldest son, I just can't believe that he's only 6! He looks so much older from this angle! He's concentrating very hard on his Daddy's card! What a sweetie!

Okay, now here's a picture of my table all cleaned up:


I've just recently gotten some fabulous garage sale finds to add to my scrap room: I looove using old spice racks for my mists. And I got that "shelf" that's beside the spice rack for like a dollar! The only thing I did to it, was sand it to distress it a little and I just LOVE it! Believe it or not, that's almost all the wooden stamps I own! I much prefer my clings, but I do love displaying wood stamps...they're just so pretty!


This "mail sorter" shelf is another garage sale find that I got last year...for 10 bucks! It's one of my favourite shelves. It holds all my sizzix bigz dies perfectly...my punches and paints and stains hang out here too...and of course my lovely Distress Inks on top :)




I got my sewing machine from my mom...she ordered it with her Save On points, because she was going to start sewing apparently...then like 3 years later it was still in the box, so I took it off her hands and told her that I'd give it back when she decided that she wanted to use it...that was about 3 years ago...I'm kinda thinking it's mine now ;) 
The shelf that it's on was in my grandma's shed and when she moved, she had to downsize and when I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for my room! It holds my dies and paper pads quite brilliantly...and of course my sewing machine :)


This beautiful piece of work is what my husband made for me...he loves me so much! lol He's so funny because one minute he'll be talking about ideas for my scrap room, then the next he's like "you have way too much crap!" lol But he does love being able to make things for me, and I love it too!! There isn't really a rhyme or reason to what's on this peg board...there's a ton of stamps, some masks, some dies and my grungeboard collection...amongst other stuff. It changes randomly too...ya never know what you'll find here *s*


This is my die cutting station...I got the idea for the painted tray hanging on the wall to hold my magnetic dies from my friend Tara. I have another one, but I still haven't painted it yet...it's on the ever growing list of "to do's" 
I made a little "tag hanger" to hold Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2012 as I create them...I'm a month behind right now!


As you can see, I "clean" by putting things under other things...lol


This shelf was in my bathroom when we bought our house, but I didn't like it there...at first we were just going to get rid of it...then I had a brainwave that it would be perfect in my scrappy space...next to yet another spice rack full of misty goodness (I think I'm a little addicted to ink...)


Right under that shelf is where I keep my paper. My cardstock is on the top arranged by colour...and the patterned paper is arranged by manufacturer right now...I just changed it from being arranged by colour for the last couple years...I think I'm liking it this way better. Beside it is random stickers and whatever I like to put in it at the time.


And this...atrocity...is what it looks like underneath my table...I have yet to find an organizational thingy for this space...I want to organize my scraps into colour and file them...but that's going to take some serious time...once that's done though, I think I'll have an easier time using them...and this space will definitely look waaay less cluttered!! 


Well there you have it! I hope you enjoyed taking a tour around my scrap room!! Hopefully you picked up some organizational tips and ideas! Let me know what your fav part was, or if you have any ideas for my room! I'd love to hear them!! 

Now your next stop is Lydia

Here's the whole list in case ya get lost too!

Happy Hopping!!

-Sarah













45 comments:

Ann said...

Fabulous room! I love your Grandmother's shelf!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful craft space. I desperately need some of you to come to my house & redo my craft room to have it looking as wonderful aas all of yours. Thanks for giveaway chance.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Unknown said...

lol that is what my space looks like when im on a roll. love it thanks for sharing.

Debbie Bakk said...

Creative minds have creative spaces...sometimes a little messy but thats ok we all have those kind of rooms. I love the spice rack idea for holding your mists- I might have to use a few spice racks to hold my bottle or jars of buttons thanks for the tip. Happy Scrappin and enjoy your camping trip this weekend!

Unknown said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time camping!! Love your shelves ~ especially how you can see something "new" in something old!! Also love your peg board!

BrendaB said...

Love your idea of using space racks for your mists - how perfect is that! Also love the way you're displaying the "12 tags of 2012"!

Laurie said...

what a great space,you've got lots of cools storage :)!!

April said...

Wow your space is awesome!!

Lydia said...

Love your space Sarah! And the new look of your blog....usually read you off my google reader. Lol...Totally jealous of your garage sale shelves. LOVE shelves and such. So fun!

Crafting Pieces of Me said...

Good Day Ms.Sarah! I love all your small shelves on top of your table..it's easy for you to get things you need...it's a nice idea :D

God Bless!
Catt

Unknown said...

Wow.. fantastic space.. I love all the things you found at garage sales. The mail sorter, the spice racks.. so great!

Ashley Horton said...

Sarah, I love the spice rack for your mists and the cool peg board!! Lots of good ideas for storage in your room!! I love your table...especially the clean version! :)

Teresa Jaye said...

wow Sarah! What a great space! I love the idea of the spice racks for the mists and re purposing the bathroom shelf was perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

What a peek into your space look at all that lush Tim stash :) your room looks like a fun place to play thanks for sharing

JennyH said...

Love your eclectic style, great shelving ideas, especially the spice racks : )

CarlyJo said...

WOW that does make your son look much older than 6. Something that simple..camera adds a few years. I love pegboard, I swear by it and I am happy to see another crafter here use it :)

Allisa said...

Thanks for showing all the details of your room!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How sweet your son is making dad a card.. Love all your "garage finds ".

Unknown said...

You have done a wonderful job organizing what you have! Loved it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your scrap space!! Loving how you use your spice rack for mists!!!

D- said...

Okay first of all I like to call it Creative Clutter. I too am constantly cleaning up my space and while crafting I put stuff under stuff to clean "later". I feel like we might be crafting soul sisters. lol. TFS your space.
dmcardmaker at aol dot com

SandeeNC said...

I love your repurposed garage sell finds, very clever! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Laura Alberts said...

I love that you have so many "recycled" items. So many things that would have otherwise been trash used for a new purpose. Love it!

Unknown said...

Ok first off love the idea with the spice rack and the mists. I need to hit up some goodwill shopping and yard sales to find me some old space racks. Awesome use of the mail sorter. And girl I can't live without my sewing machine. I would be so lost without it for my scrapping needs, really I wouldn't know how to scrap without it...love love love it! Thanks for sharing all the great idea's and shelving area's in your room! Christina

loulou said...

Great space, love the in action shot. I think I'm going to have to haunt the garage sales - love the sprays in the spice racks. Cheers Linda

Karon said...

I love the way you have found all the storage solutions, spice racks, postal shelves. Great way to reuse things. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Lori said...

I like the idea of racks, I can see how I would want to look for those a garage sales!

lori.bourg@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love it!!!How many dies!!
Sandra

Channa said...

Sarah, i am loving the before and after picture!!

Cat said...

Love love love your style!! Spice racks- such a great idea for mists! Xx

Emily H said...

THat was lovely! It looks like a lot of fin happens there.
Ps. Your son does look older than six.

Ceal said...

love that shelf that was in your bathroom

julie e said...

Thanks for sharing your space. I like the peg board idea.

Roxy said...

Hey, Sarah, hope you're having fun camping and you're not getting totally rained out! You've got some amazing tips here - I especially love your repurposed spice racks! I have an orange one I love that's just sitting with a few brads in it right now, totally underutilized - maybe I should do something with it, eh? Hugs, Rox.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Thanks for sharing you scrap space ideas...love the photo of your DS making a card for daddy! Love your idea of using old spice racks!

TheTulipCollector said...

Great room to create in. Thanks for sharing.

LindaV
TheTulipCollector

scrapbaby! said...

Thank you for sharing my love of spice racks! I thought I was the only one :)

Unknown said...

I gotta love the repurposed spice racks and bathroom wall unit!! My favorite parts!!!

Debbie said...

Love your large desk and all of your storage units on it!

Becky B. said...

Great craft space...and the photo of your son making his dad a card is just so cute! Love how you recycled a bathroom shelf for your craftroom! :)

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing with us your craft space!
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Antonia said...

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.
kisses kisses

Antonia P. Italy

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing photos of your room, so glad you have a space so unique to you!

Lynnda said...

Great space Sarah!!! Hugs...xoxo

Barb Craft said...

You have the best storage ideas Sarah! I think I need to hit a few garage sales this summer!

Barb :)