Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thank You :)

Hey Bloggers! I just wanted to pop in and share a quick thank you card I made for Ethan's teacher. I am so blessed to have such a great school available for my kids to go to, and also that we can afford to put them into a private school (so far! lol) Don't get me wrong, we are by no means rich, but Chris and I both think it's important to send our kids to a school that teaches our Christian values as well as their regular education. I have to say after this year with all the striking going on in the public school system, I was really glad that we didn't have to deal with that! Ethan's teacher this year is pretty awesome and he really enjoys her class (which is a good thing because he has her again for grade 2!) aaah!!  I can't believe he's going into grade 2! It makes me a little sad I have to admit!

Anyway, enough of my blabbing...on to the card!

I used this sketch from Sketch Saturday, but I didn't get it in on time...oh well, it's not about winning a challenge, it's about making a card right?! lol


Here's the card that I made:

I pretty much dug through my scraps to make this card, which makes me happy, because I have waaaaay too many scraps...I never think to use them. I'm thinking I might be challenging myself in the very near future to use them all up before I can move on to whole paper again :)


I can't get enough of these paper towel flowers! They're so easy and fun and funky! I just love them!



I used my Dylusions stamp sets for the stems and leaves then I coloured them in a bit with my Distress Markers. Looving both of these goodies! I'm thinking they are going to be getting a loooot of use in the future! 


I die cut the ticket with a Tim Holtz ticket die, and stamped it with a stamp from (Idk?! and I'm too lazy to go downstairs and check right now! lol) Then I added some glossy accents to it to make it look like epoxy stickers or something.


You can kind of see the shiny letters...couldn't really get a great pic of it though...

Anyway, I have to go make lunch for my kiddos! Thanks for stopping by! 

(I just overheard my 3 year old tell Ethan and his friend that Luca (our giant dog) is going to step on the zombies because he's big...lol I sometimes wonder what goes on in these little boy's minds...funny how Ethan (the oldest) would have never even known at all what a zombie was at 3...guess that's what happens when you have older siblings hey?!)


BTW: You still have a little time to get in on the buttons and twine seriously creative challenge @ Creative Accents Challenges :) go over there and check it out!

I'm entering this card into the challenge over @ Stamptacular Sunday
It's a color challenge :)

Have a great day!!

Sarah

8 comments:

Creative Tara said...

super cute card, Sarah! Love the Dylusions goodness :)

Hill Top Creations said...

Lovely card well done.. Kind of like those flowers.. Paper towel.. Have to think on that a bit.. Take Care

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those flowers!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous card Sarah!!! I love those blooms and the colors too..hugs...xoxo

Tanya S said...

OMG Love this !!Awesome job hun!

Karon said...

Such a wonderful card - love those flowers. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are beautiful!! Great teacher card and it is nice when they actually have a great teacher!

Desire Fourie said...

This is full of gorgeousness. Just love it. Wishing you a wonderful creative weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Doing Life