Friday, June 22, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday


Alright! Who's ready for another Fabulous Friday?!  This week we want to see your hand made embellishments! Get creative! Challenge yourself! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

This is what I made for you this week...



I made both these little cameras with my Lawn Fawn stamp set. The bigger camera was stamped onto acetate, coloured with my copics then I stamped it again onto some patterned paper and backed the acetate with it. The smaller one was stamped with the same image...what?! you say...but it's so teeny!?!  Yup! Gotta love shrink plastic!! I stamped it, sanded it, coloured it with some copics...then blasted it with my heat gun and....voila! Teeny version! The small one is the way it's originally supposed to be facing...that's why I stamped the big one on acetate...because I wanted it to be facing the opposite way :)


Here's a little close up of that cutie camera


I got these fun Tim Holtz Sizzix numbers dies a while ago, and I've been dying to use them...so I taped some washi tape on grunge board and cut all of em out! It was awesome! lol I wanted to use all of them because they're so cool, so I did, then I just circled the number one for his grade. Love love love these letters!


The numbers behind the camera are a fab new stencil from Dylusions that I used a pen with, then sprayed with Dylusions ink.


I used this great sketch from Boys Rule for this layout: 


I just flipped it to fit the orientation of my pic :)


Don't forget to head over to Frosted Designs to check out all the amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team, then get crafty, make some embellishments and link it up to win a  $25.00 Gift Certificate to Oh My Crafts! Go Check them out! They've got some awesome goodies!!

I'm going to also enter this into the challenge over at Use Your Stuff: Make it by hand

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You know I love it when you do ;)

Cheers

Sarah



8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love love the colors, the cameras and loving those little numbers!! This is AWESOME!!!!

Hill Top Creations said...

Oh my the idea's you just gave me for the shrink stuff and I just found the stuff I had the other day.. Love the page great work take care

Barbara said...

what a great layout. I love your take on the sketch that you used.
Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge. Hope to see you again.

Tanya S said...

OMG You're a genius !!Love that camera.And I love the idea of the grunge numbers with washi tape,gonna case that idea for sure !

Roxy said...

Oh my god, Sarah, you are my hero, this layout is so frickin' awesome!!! I can't believe your cameras, so INCREDIBLE! And the numbers are fabulous, too. Anyway, read your comment on my blog, and I can't believe you went through that! Well, I can, because stuff like that happened all the time back then, but seriously, that sucks, what an awful time for you! If you read my post today, you'll see that nothing was really done, so I'm still trying to keep the momentum for my crusade going, but it's hard because the kids in question have had such a rotten upbringing that I really feel sorry for them. Still not an excuse to behave like hooligans, but I don't know how far to push. Blah blah blah, didn't mean to ramble on your blog, just wanted you to know that I appreciate your comments, always, and hope I get to scrap with you sometime soon! Hugs, Roxy.

Ashley Horton said...

Love what you did with the washi tape and grungeboard, Sarah! I just might have to steal that idea! :) And the cameras are totally adorable!

Lynnda said...

I heart this layout...Love the colors on this page...STUNNING!!! I spy ...Lawn Fawn...I love LF... can never be wrong!!! TFS Sarah.... hugs...xoxo

Jenny Evans said...

Awesome layout, Sarah!! Some very creative things you have going on here!! ;)

Jenny
Boys Rule Dt