Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bad things...

So this afternoon I went downstairs to investigate the carpet in my scraproom (there has been a mysterious smell down there on and off for a year...it was really weird though because it was just really sporadic, so I thought the smell was just coming from this pipe coming from the wall, or just a damp basement kind of smell) anyway, yesterday it started really stinking, so I thought I'd check to see if it was leaking from the pipe and making the carpet wet. To make a long story short, I checked the carpet, and it was damp...then I decided to peel the carpet back a bit and see what was underneath, and all I saw was BLACK MOULD! So, needless to say we left and we're staying with my mom right now. We were planning on moving in October anyway, but now we've decided that we're just going to move as quickly as we can after we get back from our trip this weekend. So the next few weeks are probably going to be pretty hairy and I'm not sure that I will be able to participate for the next little while in the 50 moments challenge. I will try to do the last week of the Big Bummer End of Summer challenge on Dixie Pieces just because I've only got one week left and I'd hate to quit with one left. I figure I'll just see how it goes for now, and I will start up again when I can with whatever week we're on. So, stay tuned...I'll keep you posted on the drama that is my life! lol

Here's a quick LO I did last night. I kind of threw it together really quickly for the Dixie Pieces Challenge. This week's LO was to be about the Tastes of Summer. This pic was taken this summer of my youngest son while he was eating his first (fruit or veggie?) avacado. He didn't really like it, and he still doesn't. We had to incorporate painting on this one, which was good because I've really been into painting on my layouts these days, although I'd never painted on my picture until last night, but I quite like it.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear about your house. NO pun indtened, that really stinks...
Hop back on the challenge, when you are able to.