Tuesday, March 8, 2011

29 and holding ;)

This layout was inspired by a couple different challenges going on. The one that I made this page for originally was from The Studio. Their challenge this week is to scrap your age. I thought that was kind of fun! It gives me a reason to scrap myself, since I spend most of the time scrapping about my kids. I need to remind myself that when my kids are older and they're looking at these scrapbooks, they might actually want to see something about their mom and not just them...maybe lol ;) The second inspiration for this page was from my favourite LSSCreative Accents. They're doing a facebook challenge to use your 6x6 paper pads. I liked this challenge, because I'm notorious for buying those pads because I love the line, but I'm not a card maker, so I tend to not use them as often as I buy them! I'm into using my stash these days, so I thought I'd do just that!




I made these flowers with Tissue Tape from the fabulous Tim Holtz. I looove that stuff!! They were so easy to make! You can find the tutorial HERE



The journaling reads: "I'm in my last year of my 20's and I must say I'm pretty happy with where my life has taken me so far. I have an amazing and loving husband who loves me (despite me), 3 beautiful boys, and last year we bought our first home! I have been able to stay home with my boys for the last 3 years, and I'm so grateful to be able to be a stay at home mom. The only area in my life right now that I'm not happy with is my weight, but I'm working on that right now, and I hope to be at my goal weight by my 30th birthday!"

Here's what I used to make this page: Cardstock-Bazzil and Coredinations, Patterned Paper-Cosmo Cricket 6x6 pad Circa 1934, Tim Holtz-Tissue Tape and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Quickutz- "No. 48", and Webster's Pages designer trim.

Thanks for checking it out!!

5 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

Lovely lovely page Sarah and such a nice write up. Well done. Take Care

Tanya S said...

OMG You are so Creative!This is a Fab layout.Great idea,it's true we spend all our time on the kids.I would have to question,as well, whether my kids would want to have pages about me as well.LOL.

Lynnda said...

Hey Sarah .... this is fabulous layout ... I love it...love the journaling ...its great my dear friend... hugs..xoxo

Valerie said...

What a great page Sarah, and an awesome take on the challenge.
You used 2 of my most fave items, that number paper and the tissue tape. You're inspiring me to jump in on this challenge, now!
Thanks for playing along!

Eulanda said...

Wow this is so cool Sarah and thanks for that tutorial! I just picked up some of that tape last weekend. COOL!!