Saturday, March 5, 2011

My little Punk Rocker

It's been quite a while since my last post, and I do apologize. Life has been pretty busy. I'm trying to juggle kids, exercise, eating healthier (which does take up a bit more time than just winging it), a new job and trying to become more organized at the same time! But it's been paying off. I've lost almost 17lbs, and my house has never been cleaner! Anyway, I've finally found some time to get downstairs and do some creating, and here's what I've come up with:



here's a few close ups...





And just for fun, I think I scrapbook like a tornado...here's the aftermath! lol


I'm entering this page into the challenge at Frosted Designs. They're doing a recipe challenge. You have to use 3 patterned papers, 2 fonts and 1 journaling tag. It's also being entered into the challenge at Do You Stack Up Their challenge is "Just Green It". It's also going into the challenge at Punky Scraps, another recipe challenge to use 3 out of 5 of these things: distressing, misting, black & white photos flowers or sparkly things.

here's what I used: PP: Fancy Pants, Cosmo Cricket, Echo Park, Bo Bunny. Cardstock: coredinations, Die Cut scallop circle and paint, Making Memories. Tim Holts: embossing folder, tissue tape, mini paper clips, distress inks, grungeboard, die cutting machine and dies (elegant flourishes). Basic Grey letter stickers, Quickutz alphabet (Katie), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Bo Bunny Buttons, CTMH Sanders, Cropodile, Zig Pen, and unknown journaling tag.

Thanks for checking out my blog!!

19 comments:

WencheP said...

This is wonderful. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Miranda said...

cool fellow, love that hair, and your scraplayout is great too
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Hill Top Creations said...

Great page Sarah and so well done. Your boys are going to get some great books full of great memories. Take Care

Anonymous said...

What a really cool layout!

ruth said...

Love this! I love the distressed edges of the photos, the layering you did and the overall feel of it!

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Peggysue said...

Wow, that is a super scrapbook page Sarah! Love the wings & heart and the way you cut up the journaling. Thank you for joining our GREEN challenge at DYSU. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool LO. I love the wings and heart. All of the colors are amazing. Super cute pics too. I think we scrap alike. My area is always so messy when I am done. But if it gets an outcome like this... well worth it!

Thanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs this week.

Lynnda said...

Beautiful page Sarah... loving the photos too... nice color...perfect for a boy layout... and take it easy... dont stress...even I do miss you here... but of course i understand...when its quiet here...thinking of you...hugs...xoxo

Eulanda said...

This is absolutely friggin gorgeous!! Also congrats on your weight loss. It's tough and I can't even imagine with a family. Huge kudos girl!

Jo said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at DYSU! It’s so fun to see so many different takes on our Green challenge!

Graphicat said...

Good for you girl!! I need to take some inspiration from more than your layout! (which is spectacular and fabulous!)
Hugs
Cheri

Creative Tara said...

Love it, Sarah! Great mix of fabulous photos and fun supplies, it all looks great together!

Eli said...

You have created a very special page, perfectly punk! Thanks for playing with us. We look forward to the challenges ahead of Frosted Design.

Jessica Goodpaster said...

I love this layout, you did a wonderful job! I love you last pic, I scrapbook like a tornado too...it's nice to know I'm not the only one!!

lisa said...

Hi Sarah : )
Cute LO. Love the winged heart.
I hope the new job is going well and congrats on the weight loss, that's amazing xx

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

This page rocks!! Awesome work.

Kat said...

great layout! thanks for playing along with us at punky scraps!

Mandy Harrell said...

This is such a cute layout!!

Natalie Jane said...

Brilliant layout :) congrats on the weight loss and getting organised :) :)
Thanks for plying at punky scraps!
have a great day :)
nat xox