Sunday, March 13, 2011

Preschool and Sketchy Thursday Challenge

Just a quick post to show you my layout I finished last night. I used a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays, and I'll be entering it in this week's challenge. Here's the sketch I used:
And here's my take on it. I didn't alter too far from the sketch this time, but I really like the way it turned out!
The pics are from Ethan's first day at preschool. He was so excited! I just love these pics with him and his best friend Ethan.
Here's some close ups:
I cut the circle out of chipboard and sprayed it with dragonfly glimmer mist, then added thickers to spell Preschool.

I used pop dots on the small pics to help them stand out more...

On another note, My fab new bosses at Creative Accents are away right now at a crafty thing in Edmonton where they met and took a class by the fabulous Tim Holtz!! Tara just sent me a message on facebook letting me know that she got me an autograph from him!! WOOOHOOO!!! I'm pretty stoked!! It's the next best thing to being there!! I was trying to find a way to fit into their suitcase, but it just didn't work out! lol So, thanks Tara and Julie for thinking of me!!

Anyway, I hope you like my layout! Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

9 comments:

Darcy said...

Sarah, thanks for checking out my blog. My O, (Oceane) is also the middle one. I've been told it's middle child syndrome.

I love your layout. I think your boys are adorable! I think similar in ages to mine, 3 in 4.5 years, my oldest will be 6 in May, then O will be 4 in Oct and the babe will be 2 in Nov. Crazy. Busy. Fun!

Jessica Navarro said...

First I just want to say that your three little miracles are ADORABLE! Love your layout too! Great take on the sketch and I really like the title work on the chipboard!

Lynnda said...

Oh wow... Sarah...I love your two-pages layout...Fabulous...and your boys look so dute... great title too...hugs...xoxo

Eulanda said...

WOW!! There's a lot to look at! Great job on usage of space and adding all those pictures. Love the font you used for Preschool. Good luck!!

lisa said...

Lovely page, thanks for playing x

Unknown said...

Great twist to the sketch with the photos there. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

Creative Tara said...

super layout, Sarah- can't wait to see it in person! Have fun playing with your new autographed goodies from Tim Holtz :)

Keshet said...

This is so fun! Thanks for joining us at ST this week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love the photos and all the layers! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)