Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fabulous Friday?! oops!

Well, I really tried to get my Fabulous Friday challenge made on time, but I didn't expect to be staying out at camp for an extra day! My husband was the head cook out at Camp Likely for a week but the cook that was coming out to take over for him got in a car accident on the way out and we ended up staying until she made her way back out. I'll tell you, God was definitely with her when she was in that accident! It was amazing to see how it could have happened and how it actually did. Her car was a write off, but she was perfectly fine!

Anyway, onto this week's challenge over at Frosted Designs: Patterned Paper Only!! This one was definitely not a challenge for me. I pretty much always use only patterned paper on my layouts, however, for some reason on this layout, I found myself wanting to use some sort of cardstock! It's probably because I couldn't! You know you always want to do what you're not allowed to! lol


I was at my LSS the other day and I was looking around at all the layouts up around the store and Kieran (my youngest boy) and I were picking out all the people we knew in the pictures. I design for them, so there were a lot of people we knew. But what made me a little sad was that he kept saying "Caleb!" and "Ethan!"  (our older two boys) and we only found 2 layouts with Kieran in them...so that's what inspired this layout. 


I hid my journaling on the tag that I tucked behind the picture. Everything on this layout is made from patterned paper except the wooden cameras, the canvas journaling spot, the ribbon and the stickers. I even made those epoxy buttons with my Epiphany crafts tool and some basic grey paper :) Even the teeny stars were punched with patterned paper and then I inked them with red ink to change up the colour!


I love using patterned paper on my layouts. The trick is to make sure you have a variety of sizes in your patterns. If you use too many big patterns, it will overwhelm your layout, but if you use a couple small ones, a medium and a large, then it can work out nicely. You also have to make sure that the colours all go together, and aren't all really bright and crazy. Like with my bright bold yellow paper, I made sure it was underneath all the other papers, that way, you get  a pop of yellow, but it's not the only thing you see.


I used this fab sketch from Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits, who just so happen to be our sponsor this week for this challenge! They have the BEST kits for boy layouts I've ever seen! You definitely need to go over there and check them out!! Give them some love from Frosted Designs and do some shopping! You won't be disappointed! 


Well, I'm off to church, then the lake! Stay tuned tomorrow for a fun blog hop with prizes!!! 

Happy Crafting everyone!!


7 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

Lovely lay out love all the colors and such a great pic as well..Take Care have a fun day..

Tanya S said...

OMG No cardstock..now that is a challenge. I can't say if I would have been able to do it.lol. Great job ,very inspiring!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just love love love love this!! That photo is sooooooooooooo precious!!! And loving the colors and the circles!!!!!!

Lynnda said...

ahhh this layout is way too cute... I love pp used too... and that photo is classic cute!!! he he.... hugs...xoxo

Ashley Horton said...

Love this page Sarah!! Great use of the patterned papers and that photo is just too funny!

Dani Donner said...

That face is priceless!Great take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing with us at Boys Rule!

Unknown said...

aw this is just so sweet, i am loving the papers you are working with! thanks for joining us at Boys Rule!