Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fabulous Friday...Washi Tape!!!


Happy Friday Everyone!! (well close enough anyway...it's definitely Friday somewhere! lol) It's time for another Fabulous Friday Challenge over at Frosted Designs, and this one is going to be fuuunnn!! It's totally in right now in the world of crafting...it's Washi Tape!! I soooo *heart* Washi tape! I think I like buying it almost as much as I like using it! We all know what that's like though don't we?! lol

And this week we have a new sponsor who's giving away a faabulously fun kit: My Little Shoe Box. You definitely want to go check them out!!


This layout is of my older two boys and my youngest sister and their "lemonade stand" for Cambodia. A friend of ours moved to Cambodia, on his own, just so he could help whomever he thought needed it. He's not affiliated with any groups or anything, he's just there on his own, with his own money (which is very little), to help. We've been sending him money when we can, and we've been working on a few fundraisers and stuff, but our kids decided they wanted to have a lemonade stand and send the money to Tye. I couldn't be more proud! Although my oldest did try to see if he could have half of the money for his piggy bank! lol I don't know if there's many 6 year olds that wouldn't try that though ;) They made this great sign (which we've kept to do more lemonade stands throughout the summer). And that's the main picture I used in this layout.

I used some washi tape as a border for my pictures, but I also cut up pieces of a straw into little half inch pieces and wrapped the tape around it, securing it with some glossy accents just to be safe...then I placed them all onto a little kraft circle with a button on top to make a cute little sun embellishment :)



Here's some close ups:






I used Ashley Horton's sketch challenge for Club CK...you need to go check it out...it's awesome :)


Oh, and on a side note....I went to do my daily blog hoppin and I noticed that I won a spot in Scrapbook News and Review's Misting Class!!!


It starts tomorrow, but I hear there are still a few more spots left, so if ya wanna join me...go sign up!! I think it's going to be awwessoomee!!! I can't wait!! It kinda made my night! I'm a bit of a misting junky, so I was very happy to see that little bit of information on Heidi's Blog (Thanks Heidi!!!!!)

Anyway, I'm off to go finish my layout for Seriously Creative Challenges July challenge...it's going live in a couple days, but you won't see mine for a while...maybe I'll give you a sneek peak though ;)

Cheers!

Sarah


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How sweet of your kids!!! I Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the photos, the bright happy colors and loving the rolled papers!!!!!

Hill Top Creations said...

Once again a great layout and well done.. I am begining to think I should get a lot of the washi tape..
take care PS when is the next lemonade sale.. would swing by afterwork for one..

Roxy said...

Oh, crap, you just reminded me I need to finish something for the challenge! I've been having one hell of a week here, I'll probably ramble on in my next post a bit, but the real reason I came by was to say how coooooool that sun embellie is!!! You are always thinking way outside the box, I love it! Have fun in your misting class, and I'm trying to figure out a way to get to 12 tags of tim next week. Jason's out fishing with his buds all weekend right now, and Nolan is a complete nightmare, so I think he owes me big time! Hugs, Rox.