Saturday, July 7, 2012

Seriously Creative and Uninked

Good afternoon all you crafty bloggers! I think it's about 30 degrees out right now, and super sunny...we're heading out to the lake tomorrow for sure!

It's time for the July Seriously Creative Challenge and if you're anything like I am (a supply hoarder) then it will be easy for you to play along! 

I know I said I was going to wait to show you this layout, but I kinda like it and I couldn't wait to show it off, so you guys get a little more than just a sneak peek!


I'm not so much a hoarder of supplies in that I don't like to use them...but I just buy all these supplies with ideas to use them...but not enough time! So for my layout, I used a lot of un-inked, un-cut and un-opened supplies: The background paper is from 2009! I think it's fancy pants. I had bought a sew easy stamper thingy when they came out, and never used it, so I opened it up to stamp the scallop stitch. the other border stamp I used is a Dylusions stamp which hadn't seen any ink yet either. All the big brads I used where from a MME package that I hadn't opened yet, and those teeny butterfly stickers from Studio Calico are new too! 


Oh, and so are the "summer" thickers :) I found it hard to get a good picture of this layout...either too much sun or not enough...


here's a close up of my little stamp embellies: I actually took apart a journaling card from Prima's doodle deux collection to make these. I die cut it into 3 stamp shapes, then cut out the flowers and birds and layered them with some brads and viola! some cute little postage stamps all wrapped up with some twine :) I even fixed up my sewing machine for this project :)




I used this fab page map for my sketch


Now it's your turn! Dig through your stash and find some of those hoarded products! You need to use at least 2! The prize this month is a 10 dollar gift certificate to the Creative Accents Online Store plus some un-inked goodies: some tags and some of their fabulous "inkable crinkable" ribbon (it takes ink fabulously, and you can crinkle it up or leave it straight...it's very versatile ribbon)

So now that you know what you're playing for, get going!!

Have a great weekend!!

Sarah

6 comments:

Hill Top Creations said...

Love it.. well done.. you did use a lot of stuff good for you.. Take Care

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love the colors, the photo and the doily!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of the PageMaps sketch, Sarah, and I love all of the fun little bits and pieces that you added to your layout!!

Creative Tara said...

I really do love this one, girl! fab details!

Anonymous said...

saw u on the blog challenge, love this page, love your style x

Laura C said...

Sara - great use of unused stash! You give me motivation to start opening up some of mine too! Love this!