Monday, July 30, 2012

Newb

I was taking a teeny break today from cleaning and packing for our holidays to Kelowna that we're leaving for tomorrow morning when I found a great sketch on the Boys Rule Blog and I really wanted to play along, so I made sure I got all my stuff done as fast as I could so I could go and play!


Here's what I made: I didn't have a lot of time because I'm literally not even supposed to be scrapping tonight, I'm supposed to be packing...but I had to take a break from it...I lost my keys tonight and broke my point and shoot camera, and now I can't find my battery charger for my SLR camera either...not sure what I'm going to do once the battery dies on my SLR...which I'm thinking it will on my holidays of course...so after all that, I decided to say screw it and go downstairs to play. I think this layout took me about an hour and a half...which is a freakin miracle! If you've ever scrapped with me you'd know that it usually takes me forever! I've really been trying not to over think things lately though!


I know there's a lot of pink on this layout, but I figure if my husband can wear a bright pink shirt, then I can scrap my boys in pink too...plus, I've got 3 boys...I don't have much chance of using pink if I exlude it from my layouts simply because they are boy layouts! I just made sure to add some masculine colours and elements too!




Well there you have it! I'm off to bed now...leaving early in the morning!! I've got a few other layouts coming up in the next couple days, so stay tuned!! 

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about the cameras... hopefully you find your charger! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!!! ADORABLE photos and loving the colors and that title!!!

Hill Top Creations said...

Well lets try this again.. 3rd time I have tryed to leave a comment.. Lovely page and have a great holiday.. Take Care

Anonymous said...

I love how you always make time for your hobby!! What a great baby layout! And yes if your husband can wear pink you can for sure do layouts in pink!! :) Have a great vacation!!

Ashley Horton said...

LOVE it, Sarah...especially that you used the bright pink on a boy page!! And your title is so cute...love those new AC Thickers!

Lynnda said...

Oh !!! What a bummer!!! Sorry to hear about the cameras... hopefully you find your charger soon! This layout is way too cute!!! ADORABLE photos and loving the colors and that title too... hmm might wanna play along too... see how it goes.... hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

this is such a great take on the sketch! thanks for playing along with us at Boys Rule!