Saturday, March 24, 2012

Scrap the Boys-Life is Good

Good Evening Bloggers! The weather here was FABULOUS today and we spent the afternoon at the park with the boys. It was a great day to be outside!! I'm loving that spring is here finally and I'm totally getting the spring cleaning bug!! Now everyone in my house has to worry about me throwing EVERYTHING away!! lol Except my craft supplies that is!! 

I wanted to show you this layout I did that was inspired by the challenge over at Scrap the Boys. They want you to use Red in your layout, use the title "Life is Good" and use handwritten journaling. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I must say that I do like that little pop of red!


I used some goodies that I won from Boys Rule Scrapbooking Kits, and I have to say that Laura-Lee from Boys Rule, is Amazing!! I won a little kit with those wooden stars, and the twine I used, and it also had a few other wooden goodies and some smash products and twine and stick pins. Then when it came in the mail it was like Christmas because she had thrown in a whole bunch of other goodies because the shipping cost was almost the same! Thanks Laura-Lee!! You totally made my day!! And to top it all off, it was all stuff that I will TOTALLY use!! I checked out her site, and her kits are AMAZING! I love every one of them! I'm thinking it might be time to start subscribing to my first monthly kit club! 

I used a piece of canvas and hand cut it into a little flag to put the word "is" on, otherwise it was getting lost in the polka dots, but I'm pretty happy with how the title turned out. The "Is" and "Good" were die cut with more Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies. and the little tags on top of the title are from my Smash book goodies. 
The background paper is MME Kraft Fun Day (freebie from Boys Rule)


I die cut a cardboard box with the Edge Brackets from Tim Holtz/Sizzix and then I die cut it again with a scrap piece of paper. Actually, aside from the background paper, all of the paper I used came from my scraps :) Gotta love it when you finally start using those up!


I'm finally starting to get some of these old pictures scrapped! Ethan was only 3 in this picture and Caleb was just born! Now Caleb is 3 already! Where does the time go?! Kinda makes me a little sad that my babies are growing up and Ethan is sitting beside me right now playing "Plants Vs. Zombies" on his DS. He's that old already! yikes!!

Well, I hope you like what you see and have a crafty weekend!!



13 comments:

Eulanda said...

I just love your pages Sarah. This is so cute and love the twine feature. Aldo those wooden stars are gorgeous and congrats on the win!! Happy spring cleaning!! Hugs!

Hill Top Creations said...

Wonderful page and well done.. started my spring cleaning today have a lot more to do.. Have a great day.. Take Care

Lynnda said...

Beautiful layout Sarah... lovely photos too...hugs...xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the distressing, the photos and love the stars too!!

Tanya S said...

ME TOO I soooo wanna huck everything out lol!! Love the page..your pages always amaze me!And yah!! on your win!!

Laura-Lee said...

Your welcome :) glad you are enjoying your goodies :)
I love your layout, it's fun! Nice job on the challenge!

Jeanenne said...

Such a cute photo. Love the stars!! Thanks for playing along at STB!

just another day said...

Fabulous lo love the distressing and the colours just pop...thanks for playing along at Stb

Anonymous said...

cheap perfume online


Hi Sarah. What an adorable boy. I used to make one like this using a site in the internet. I now know how to make it manually. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

cheap business cards


Aloha Sarah! Now who would have thought that this is hand made? Wow! Impressive.

Anonymous said...

house renovations Perth


Hi Sarah. I thought the title has a feminist meaning. My bad. These boys are adorable. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Airport Transfer Sydney


Hi Sarah. I might make one for my little boys too. I'll display it on their rooms. Thanks for the idea.

Julia Ionov said...

Hello there! I so love the style of your project. Everything is so wonderful. I love it. So vintage.
quality website design