Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Be Bold

Good Morning! I have a layout to share with you today that I actually made last night...I wasn't planning on doing any scrapbooking last night. I actually wanted to veg out on the computer and go to bed early....then I saw Shimelle's blog post following the sketch I have below, and how to do a starburst. I've seen starburst tutorials before and I've really wanted to use them on a layout, but I just have never gotten around to it. Well last night I was apparently inspired to break out my scraps from my last layout and try out this sunburst technique once and for all!

I also decided that I would use this layout to start Summer Camp early!! If you haven't already signed up for Summer Camp with the Scrapbook Nerds, you need to go do it now! There's an early bird challenge up and I can't tell you about it....you have to register to find out what it is!! Can you guess from my layout? I bet you can't!! Muaahahahaha!! 

Here's what I learned: As someone who doesn't like to follow instructions...I still should have followed them!! LOL Shimelle has a tutorial posted here and it's a really great one...I just thought I could do it without using a template...and I did, but I think it took me waaaaay more time than it would have if I would have just used a stinkin template!! LOL oh well, lesson learned!


These pictures are from "Pink Day". The school has an anti bullying awareness day every year and this year they said that the class who wore the most pink would get a pizza party. That was all Ethan needed for a little pink motivation!


This layout was sooooo out of my comfort zone!! The colours and that sunburst were something that are totally new to me!! I hardly ever use pastels and I NEVER use light pink cardstock as a base!! I'm really happy with how it turned out though!!


The journaling says: "Ethan's school has a "Pink Day" every year where they dress up in pink for anti bullying awareness. They were told that the class who wore the most pink would win a pizza party. That was enough for Ethan to be all over the pink clothes and accessories around his Aunty Jayden's room! The whole school wore so much pink that they all won the pizza party!"


And here's a close up of my sunburst. I separated it with some Lawn Fawn twine...I think it turned out pretty good :)



Well, that's all for today! I hope you have a fabulous day! It's looking like it's going to be awesome weather here!! Yay! Finally! I have to say I'm getting a little sick of the rain (my stinkin grass grows way too fast with all that water!!)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!!

Blessings

Sarah


8 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

this layout is freaking awesome! love your sunburst I'm going to have to make one too!

Ashley Horton said...

Looks awesome Sarah!! I don't like following directions either, but I think your sunburst turned out fabulous!! And I love that mini frame you added to your photo!

Lynnda said...

i love your take on the sketch!! So cool.. Hugs...x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and loving the rays!!!!

Suzanne said...

I agree, WOW! Love the sunburst, I will have to look at the template, but the ribbon in between looks cool too!

Andie said...

Fabulous layout, Sarah!!! And I so love that the whole school won the pizza party!!! My son wore a red shirt for Anti-Bullying day and told me that was as close as he'd get to pink!! I'll work on that!
That is a great sketch, thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of everyone wearing pink! Who could say no to a pizza party. I should have used a template too ... would have been much easier. But I do agree that it was a fun sketch.

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the sunburst, great layout :)