Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Use Your Stuff Summer challenge!!

Hi everyone! I almost didn't make it in today to post this layout, but I'm just heading off to bed and I thought I would quickly jump on the computer and share it! I seem to have forgotten that this is a 9 year old computer, so there is no such thing as a quick ANYTHING! lol How quickly we get used to our better faster models! Although, I'm not too sure about it being better seeing as how it's in the shop! :(

Anyhoooo, It's time for another challenge over at Use Your Stuff, and it's actually my first challenge as part of their DT! So, I challenge you all to dig into that summer stash and make something hot and summery! Pretty easy eh?! So, what are you waiting for?! 

I made this layout of my oldest son at his first visit to the ocean.  He loved it so much! He reminds me a lot of myself...I soooo love the ocean :) Wish we lived closer to it sometimes :)


 Here are some close ups:



I kinda cheated and didn't really dig too deep into my stash for this one, considering most of the paper is from Crate Paper's new The Pier" collection...I'm totally swooning over this whole line! But I did use up a rub on that has to be about a hundred years old, and the little Basic Grey rosette is pretty old too...also a couple of the papers were from my scrap bin (a little MME and some BG too). I added some button snaps to my tags at the bottom which I've been hoarding for a while too...so not to worry, my stuff definitely is getting used! lol

I used a fab sketch from Page Maps for this one:


Becky Fleck is celebrating 7 years with page maps and they're having some fun challenges that I just had to play along with! This one is a challenge with Kelly Goree, and she wants us to use this sketch and try using some "paper mixology" and use a bunch of different patterned papers. Since I hardly ever use cardstock, this wasn't much of a challenge for me, but I love that sketch!


Well, I'm off to bed! Thanks for stopping by!!
Blessings

Sarah


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that photo, the tags and all the hexagons!!

Anonymous said...

Love the paper, love them embellishments, and that picture is awesome. The ocean is beautiful. Wouldn't it be nice to have a beach house! :)

Lynnda said...

beautiful layout Sarah!... hugs..x

Ashley Horton said...

Slow computers are definitely not fun, Sarah! :( But I'm glad you still got to share your fun page!! Love those Amy Tan alphas for your title and the use of the tags!!

Unknown said...

Fun layout Sarah. I really like the photo and the name in the sand :) Lovin' those tags too :)

Michelle said...

This is such a beautiful LO!

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful layout :)

Andie said...

Fabulicious!!! Great layout, Sarah!! Love all the papers you've used and such a FUN photo!