Saturday, June 15, 2013

Paper Bakery Sketch Challenge #5

Hello Hello Bloggers! 
I'm cutting it down to the wire on getting Father's Day cards done and getting this entry in for The Paper Bakery sketch challenge! It's done in an hour! lol


I hadn't really planned on even using this sketch this afternoon when I sat down to make my FIL'S Father's Day card, but it popped into my head when I was thinking about the design of it, and I thought it would be perfect! It's quite altered from the original sketch, but the inspiration definitely came from it :)



I used my Cameo for the die cut title and frame (can you tell I desperately needed to change my blade?!)


The second card I have here is my husband's Father's Day card. Most of the card was made using my kit from The Paper Bakery, except the Tim Holtz circley car stamp, the gears and the Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper. When I saw this card that says: "Me
                                                     +You   
                                                       Family"
                                                                   I thought it would be perfect for a card for us! Their also just so happened to be a die cut number 4 (coincidentally how many kids we're very close to having!). So I thought it would be fun to play with that! I used one of the Crate Paper photo overlays and stapled that over top of most of my cluster, but then I glued a cute little wood veneer ampersand by Studio Calico to the line and then added the number 4. So now it says  "me plus you and 4 equals family" 


I cut the teeny gears with my Cameo AFTER I changed my blade...what a difference a sharp blade makes!!
I also used my fringe shears to add to my border strips and bring in some of that orange colour from the gears :)


Well, there you have it! I'm off to go help my boys get settled into their "sleepover". All three of them are going to sleep in the same room and play and have fun :) 

I'm going to enter these cards into the following challenges:  Use It Tuesday: Masculine
The second card is going into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp: Transport


Thanks for stopping by!!
Blessings

Sarah

8 comments:

Lynnda said...

Fabulous and wonderful cards Sarah!.... hugs...x

sandi said...

Great way to celebrate Father's day! Love your sweet take on the sketch! Tks. for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the pennants and the sentiments!!

Katrina Hunt said...

Love that you made a card from the sketch! And your second card is adorable also! Thanks for playing along with us @TPB!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Fabulous cards! I love how the sketch inspired your card too! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Bakery!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love both of your cards, Sarah!! And what a fun way to use the sketch for your Father's Day card!!

Jingle said...

These are both great cards! I really like how you did the square of ink to highlight the second card... neat technique! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Heather B said...

Great cards! I love that mustache diecut!! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!