Sunday, June 23, 2013

CSI: Case File #76 and a crazy storm!

Good Evening Bloggers! I hope you've had a great weekend! Ours, has been okay...a little crazy though! We had a freak storm yesterday. We had giant hail balls and a massive downpour made complete with thunder and very close lightening! I normally love thunderstorms, but that one was a bit much...it flooded my aunt's basement, and our church's basement, and a lot of other peoples I'm sure too! It also wrecked our roof! Our roof was going to need to be replaced sooner than later anyway, but now it does for sure! :( So I guess I have to put myself on a scrappy budget now, since we're going to be 8000 dollars poorer! 

That's my brother in law standing outside my mom's house who lives just down the road from us! You can't even see his feet! There were manhole covers being blown off and water shooting up from them, and holes in the roads and just craziness! I guess I like a good (calm) thunderstorm lol! Now I know there is such a thing!


Anyway, I'm playing along with CSI this week and I've put their case file at the bottom of this page so you can check it out. I think I've strayed a little far from the colour scheme...it's the same sort of colours...I just got a little pastel-ish...which is weird for me! 

This picture is of my adorable little nephew Jaxson. His daddy is the one standing in the flooding road in the picture above. 


I couldn't seem to get a decent picture of this layout to save my life, so you'll just have to imagine it in focus! lol



 I used an awesome Studio Calico stencil that comes with various pieces that you can put into the circles! I used the heart, the star and the love in the circle mask and then I jazzed them up with some gelatos, a paint brush and a little water! 



 Here's the case file: 


I had a lot of fun getting inky with this layout too! I've been really in the mood to mist and spray and use those fabulous gelatos I've been hoarding for a year now!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Elle's Studio & Crate Paper. Frames: Crate Paper. Flair: Simple Stories. Washi: Freckled Fawn & Studio Calico. Stencil: Studio Calico. Mist: Dylusions & Mister Huey's. Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts. Faber Castell Gelatos. Ink: Distress and Hero Arts. Stamp: Dylusions. Electronic Die Cutter: Silhouette Cameo. 

Well, I should be off to make my little ones come inside and get dried off before bed! They're playing on the trampoline outside with the sprinkler underneath it! 

 Hopefully if I get my stuff together tonight I will have another post for you tomorrow with our next Use Your Stuff challenge! I haven't even though of a project yet, so hopefully I can git r done ;)~

Blessings

Sarah


6 comments:

yyam said...

Such a sweet layout! I love the adorable pic, the layering and the framing!

P/s: Sorry about the freak storm..but at least everyone is safe.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yikes!! Sounds like a crazy storm indeed!!

I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors, the layers and that masking!!

Anonymous said...

What a storm hey! I seen a video posted on fb and I was amazed! SOrry to hear about your moms basement and the church as well. That is tough. ON the other hand I love your layout. Pastels are my favorite for sure! I really love the layering and what a great idea to journal and frame it!! Hope you have a great summer!!

Ashley Horton said...

Sorry to hear about the damage from the storm, Sarah!! Love your fun layout! The use of the frames is really cute and you did a fab job with the colors from the Case File!

Fleursbydesign said...

wow that looks like a crazy storm, love your layout :)

Barbara said...

What a wild storm.
I love your adorable layout!!
I'm off to bring up your new blog and follow it :)