Monday, June 17, 2013

Be Your Beautiful Self

I am feeling so great tonight as I post this! There is definitely something therapeutic about getting all inky and messy and just creating art for no one else but yourself! I just LOVE IT!  If you have been following my blog, then you'll know that I am (slowly) making a "This is Me" album. I decided to make a section for my favourite quotes (this is probably going to be a big section, because I have a lot of favs!) 

This week at Use Your Stuff, Joy has this pretty (and yummy) looking photo for inspiration for us! Take anything that inspires you about this picture and create something with it and link it up!! 




I was inspired by the bright colours and fun patterns in the background! This page started out as a piece of kraft chipboard from my SN@P album. I covered it in Gesso, then sprayed a few different colours of tattered angels glimmer mist and a shot of blue dylusions mist here and there. Then I used a brayer and covered the page with a towel and rolled over it with my brayer. 


Then I added some Tim Holtz tissue paper and some drywall tape in bits and pieces for some fun texture...then more Gesso...then more mist...then I used a dylusions mask and some more mist...


I finished off the layers with some pink and yellow Distress paint. The best part about the Distress Paint is that it's like all the other Distress products and it's reactive with water...so I sprayed it with some water to blend it and I just looooove the way it blends so nicely with everything else, yet stands out too!


My final layer was the title which was stamped with a Studio Calico alphabet stamp, and some wood veneers on a Basic Grey tag that I tore the top off of. I've been wanting to use this fun ruffled navy fabric that came in my Paper Bakery kit since I got it and I knew this was the perfect finishing touch paired with a little washi! I finished the whole page off with a fun little grungy circles stamp from Dina Wakley stamped with some CTMH blue ink (can't remember the actual blue)


I must say, I'm very happy with the way this turned out :) I can't wait to start adding all my fav quotes to this section of my book! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to play along with us this week @ Use Your Stuff!

Blessings

Sarah

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the textures and the tissue paper!!!

Anonymous said...

SO cool!! must have gotten inky fingers on this one!! :) what great advice too :)

Ashley Horton said...

Love it Sarah, and such a great way to use those colors from the inspiration photo!

Fleursbydesign said...

What great inspiration, love your project the textures are amazing :)

Lynnda said...

YES ... I agree with the ladies... this is gorgeous... loving the colors too!!! The textures and all.... well done Sarah!.... hugs...x

Barbara said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun with this one. The results are gorgeous!